- Daniel S. Blinn, Esq.Consumer Law Group LLC
- Many companies make it tough for customers to know exactly what they’re getting into when they buy a product or service.
- That’s especially true now when financially aching firms are imposing even trickier terms. What to look for in the fine print...
- Credit card issuers. Terms buried in the fine print dictate when your attractive promotional interest rate soars to a "default" rate that can be as high as 29%. The increase may occur when you exceed your credit limit or miss or are late with even a single minimum payment.
Full-text: Back Attack - A top doc's simple method to relieve the pain.
- Myth: If you throw out your back, you should stay in bed until the pain is gone.
- Fact: Although a day or two of rest may be necessary, one of the keys to healing is getting out of bed and moving around as soon as possible.
Full-text article: Secrets of the Country's Most Successful -- and Nicest -- Negotiator
- Ask the person to restate what he just said.
- It’s amazing how often the restatement turns out to be different from the original.
- People tend to explain more each time they state their positions, to give more details, to soften their stances and even offer options to what previously seemed like a hard line.
Full-text Article: Happy Marriage by the Numbers
- On average, these married couples wanted four cuddles a day... romantic gestures from their partners every 10 days... unsolicited helpful gestures three times a month... and seven cozy nights in and two dinner dates out a month.
- In a long-term relationship, we tend to think romantic gestures are no longer necessary.
- Make sure to hug or affectionately touch your partner at least four times a day.
- Instead, have dinner together, talk about your week, make plans, check in about upcoming activities. Also, reserve special nights two times a month.
- Making the effort to dress up and go outside the family home together reinforces your "coupleness" and adds vitality to a relationship.
Full Text Article: Aging Gracefully
- Looking young is a $60 billion a year industry -- that’s $1,600 worth of hormone treatments, plastic surgery, skin creams and supplements for every retiree in the US.
- Ramsey is also a motivational speaker and has made regular appearances on the Today show, Fox Business News with Neil Cavuto and Extra.
- Try daily power-walking, join a class at your gym, play tennis, do Pilates.
- Turn confrontations into positive experiences.
- On Cosmetic ProceduresI favor only minimally invasive, outpatient procedures with board-certified doctors.
- I personally have had treatment on my face to remove skin cancer and sun damage... photorejuvenation, a treatment performed with a cool-tip laser that reduces fine lines and age spots and stimulates collagen production... and copper bromide laser treatments to repair broken blood vessels and sun damage.
Full Text Article: Everything I Know About Leadership I Learned at McDonald's
- I saw humility and graciousness the first time I met Ray.
- I have never forgotten his efforts to make an ordinary employee feel special.
- During a visit to one New Jersey restaurant, Ray picked up cigarette butts in the parking lot, setting the tone for cleanliness.
- Example: Herb Peterson, a franchise owner, was the creator of the Egg McMuffin in 1973.
- Bottom Line/Personal interviewed Paul Facella, president and CEO of Inside Management, Ltd., a management consulting firm based in Lynbrook, New York.
- He is author, with Adina Genn, of Everything I Know About Business I Learned at McDonald’s: The 7 Leadership Principles That Drive Break Out Success (McGraw-Hill).
Leading Expert: Rosanne M. Leipzig, MD, PhDMount Sinai School of Medicine.
Full Text Article: Falls -- Beware of the Hidden Causes
Most relevant quotations:
- For example... Muscle weakness.
- Impaired nerve function.
- Bone mass declines with age.
- Low vitamin D levels.
- SLEEP PROBLEMS
- Lack of sleep can increase fall risk by impairing alertness and slowing
- She is the 2008 recipient of the American Geriatrics Society’s Dennis W.
Jahnigen Award for contributions in geriatric education.
Great Sites - One Click Away: