Full-text Article: Happy Marriage by the Numbers
- On average, these married couples wanted four cuddles a day... romantic gestures from their partners every 10 days... unsolicited helpful gestures three times a month... and seven cozy nights in and two dinner dates out a month.
- In a long-term relationship, we tend to think romantic gestures are no longer necessary.
- Make sure to hug or affectionately touch your partner at least four times a day.
- Instead, have dinner together, talk about your week, make plans, check in about upcoming activities. Also, reserve special nights two times a month.
- Making the effort to dress up and go outside the family home together reinforces your "coupleness" and adds vitality to a relationship.